Advice about large number of CRM users RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All, 

I work on CRM 2015 on premise. 

I need an advice about my design :

I need to use the SystemUsers entity to store, of course my users (authentication), but also some disabled users used as reference on my datamodel. These deactivate users will be used just as standard data, only to have certain informations about this "user" and also to be able to add them as team member, even if they are not real connected users. 

But, these deactivate users could be activated if they became real users in the futur (if they need to have an authentication to CRM).

This is why I need to use the standard SystemUsers entity. 

Now, my problem is the final number of all users stored on CRM : I will have around 120 real users (activated) and maybe more than 1500 deactivated users. 

I need you expertise to know if there is a maximum number of users on CRM 2015 on premise, if yes what is this number ?
    If no : Is it a problem to have more than 1500 users deactivate for the performance of the system ?
    Or can I consider than the SystemUsers entity work as any other entity if the users records are deactivated, and so, consider than the user entity can store a large number of records ? 

What are your experiences about this topic ? 

Thanks in advance for your precious help.

Cheers,
    Kya

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 5:56 PM

Answers

• 120 active users really isn't a lot of users.  The 1500 disabled user records shouldn't be too bad performance wise since they aren't doing anything except being referenced as record owners.

I believe the full CRM server license (not the workgroup) should allow up to 100,000 users to be entered before it starts complaining.  You just have to make sure you have enough purchased licenses for the number of active users you have.  The disabled users don't consume a licenses.

But performance wise, it is something you will need to test.  There are too many variables with hardware, software, customizations, and network connections that can affect CRM performance.  So it is hard to say how your design will impact performance.

Jason Peterson

• Marked as answer by Kyamit Friday, December 4, 2015 9:02 AM
    Tuesday, December 1, 2015 6:45 PM
  • Hi Kya,

I have worked with a CRM implementation where there were more 1000 de-activated users and more than 2000 active users and CRM is working fine for us. Never experienced any performance issues. We used to have very robust hard ware with Load Balancer. As Jason said, there are multiple parameters (Hardware, Network connections etc) to be considered.

Gopinath

My blog

• Edited by Gopinath Reddy Thursday, December 3, 2015 3:00 PM
    Thursday, December 3, 2015 2:59 PM

All replies

• 120 active users really isn't a lot of users.  The 1500 disabled user records shouldn't be too bad performance wise since they aren't doing anything except being referenced as record owners.

I believe the full CRM server license (not the workgroup) should allow up to 100,000 users to be entered before it starts complaining.  You just have to make sure you have enough purchased licenses for the number of active users you have.  The disabled users don't consume a licenses.

But performance wise, it is something you will need to test.  There are too many variables with hardware, software, customizations, and network connections that can affect CRM performance.  So it is hard to say how your design will impact performance.

Jason Peterson

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 6:45 PM
  • Hi Jason, 

Thanks a lot for your answer.

That reassure me to know that even 1500 disabled users will not affect too much our system, in theory.

Is someone that read this thread had any real experience with my scenario ? Experience with more than 1000 or 2000 deactivated users ? 

Thanks a lot 

Cheers,
    Kya

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 9:24 AM
  • Hi Kya,

I have worked with a CRM implementation where there were more 1000 de-activated users and more than 2000 active users and CRM is working fine for us. Never experienced any performance issues. We used to have very robust hard ware with Load Balancer. As Jason said, there are multiple parameters (Hardware, Network connections etc) to be considered.

Gopinath

My blog

• Edited by Gopinath Reddy Thursday, December 3, 2015 3:00 PM
    Thursday, December 3, 2015 2:59 PM
  • Hi Gopinath,

Thanks for you answer and for sharing your experience. 

Yes I understand the concept of load for Users, but in our case we will have maximum 200 real activated users that can be authenticated on CRM.
    So I will make my load plan (hardware, software) according to this value. 

I'm npw more confident with my solution, and understand that even 1500 disabled users record, will not affect CRM.

Thanks again :)

Cheers,
    Kya

Friday, December 4, 2015 9:01 AM