Question about field labels... RRS feed

• Question

• If I am making a form and add a field that is currently also on another form withing the same entity, and I change the label for that field, will it change the label on the field in the other form or is the field label independent to the form I'm working on?
    Wednesday, June 25, 2014 2:49 PM

Answers

• If you change the name inside the form properties the change will affect only that form.

If you change the name inside the field properties (Display Name) will affect all the forms and views.

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

• Marked as answer by nasyrax Friday, June 27, 2014 1:10 PM
    Wednesday, June 25, 2014 2:57 PM

All replies

• If you change the name inside the form properties the change will affect only that form.

If you change the name inside the field properties (Display Name) will affect all the forms and views.

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

• Marked as answer by nasyrax Friday, June 27, 2014 1:10 PM
    Wednesday, June 25, 2014 2:57 PM
  • Hi,

Labels are dependent on the form. So it will affect only the form where you changed it. To change it across all forms, you'll either need to do them manually, or better simply change the Display Name of the field from Fields so it will affect all forms.

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 3:01 PM
  • So as long as I just change the field label while editing a form, it won't change the field itself, just how it's displayed on the current form, correct?
    Wednesday, June 25, 2014 3:02 PM
  • Wednesday, June 25, 2014 3:05 PM