Dynamics CRM 2013 - Is Kit Field Missing? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have been looking into CRM 2013 Kit Products and it seems like a lot of previous functionality has been removed.

I have noticed that the 'Is Kit' field has been removed and the Kit Products relationship to Opportunities has also been removed.

I haven't looked into further but it seems that this functionality has been removed with exception of the button 'Convert to Kit'. I read this forum post that had a similar issue but no response on it: http://dynamicsuser.net/forums/t/75530.aspx 

Regards

Barry

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 9:05 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,when you convert the product to kit, you will see the product which are part of the kit in the related menu (click on the most top and right arrow). You can also add it as a subgrid to the form.

Michal

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 10:11 AM
  • I'm looking at a CRM Online version 6.1 system right now and the "IsKit" field is still in the system.

However, the functionality around kits was always very limited, it did not (for example) provide a model for calculating pricing based on component products. In the main it made sense for managing data in ERP integration scenarios where the ERP system had a "real" use for kits (such as stock level management of component parts).

Hopefully a later version might give us some upgraded features around this area.

Hope this helps.
    Adam Vero, Microsoft Certified Trainer | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011
    UK CRM Guru Blog

Saturday, September 6, 2014 2:59 PM
  • Hi Michal, I did see that but I was referring to the Kit Products relationship under Opportunities being missing. I see the one under Products.

@Adam, please see screenshot below. I have now witnessed it on two separate organisations at two different companies where is the Is Kit field is missing unless I am looking in the wrong place. This is a screenshot from Advanced of Products looking for an Is Kit field. I did however find it in the database

• Edited by BarryCarter Tuesday, September 9, 2014 4:02 PM
    Tuesday, September 9, 2014 3:48 PM
  • Possibly this is what Microsoft move on the information that they are working on for the next release:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/crm/archive/2014/05/14/important-information-about-supported-configurations-in-the-next-major-release-for-crm.aspx

Entities

The Kit type of Product will be deprecated, which means that we’ll do base testing only and will be removing this feature in a future release. Please update your customizations to not use this entity.

• Proposed as answer by Edwin2win Wednesday, September 10, 2014 6:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by BarryCarter Wednesday, September 10, 2014 10:50 AM
    Wednesday, September 10, 2014 4:20 AM