Meeting/Appointment End time (Activity/History) - Dynamics Outlook Plug-In RRS feed

• Question

• We use Microsoft Dynamics 4.0 to document customer interactions (emails, meetings, tasks, etc.)  with the Outlook plug in.  It seems to work well in most cases for emails and tasks (Track in CRM>>Set Regarding).  When I use the meetings/appointment option is where the workflow seems limited.  I create the meeting/appointment and track it in CRM and set it regarding my client.  The appointment then syncs into the CRM as an activity. This meeting or appointment then remains as an activity and is not closed when the meeting is over and sent to "History."  It remains in the Activities section until I manually go in and close the activity.

I think the meeting or activity should close when the end date of the appointment is over and then move it to the history.  Is there a way to do this?  Am I missing something in the workflow?  My current practice is tedious.

Friday, March 30, 2012 3:32 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can use the "Wait Condition" step in workflow to solve your problem.
    Create a new workflow on the appointment entity.
    Make the workflow start when "Record is created" and add the following steps:
    1. Add Step: Wait Condition, and edit the condition.
    2. For the condition, select the following: "Process" --> "Timeout" --> "Equal" --> "End time" (the End time is a dynamic value selected from the Appointment Entity).
    3. Add Step: Change Status, and select "Complete".

This worklow will mark an appointemnet as completed when the End date and time is reached.

Hope it helps.

• Marked as answer by DKCook Wednesday, April 11, 2012 5:33 PM
    Friday, March 30, 2012 11:27 PM