none
Export a JET database? RRS feed

• Question

• I hope I am posting this in a appropriate space.  If not please move or delete it.

I am running an old version of Legacy Family Tree - version 7.5.  I've never been able to afford to update it to a new version.  I wanted to see if I can view the table definitions, schema, etc., so I might be able to export the data.  The file has an extension of .fdb but if I view it the first thing in the file says it is a standard jet database.

Knowing nothing about it is there some tool that might be able to help me?

Thanks!

Thursday, October 26, 2017 8:52 AM

All replies

• Just make a copy of the database and change the file extension to .mdb. If you have Microsoft Access you should be able to open it.

The other option is to export through code, if you know VBA or another programming language.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Thursday, October 26, 2017 12:35 PM
  • Hi fargodwe,

I can see that Legacy Family Tree - version 7.5 is not a product of Microsoft.

on this forum, we only provide support for MS Access related issue.

as your issue is about third party software. it is out of the scope of this forum.

I suggest you to contact the support forum of Legacy Family Tree.

they can provide you much better support on this issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 27, 2017 3:25 AM