none
Are points affected after thread is merged? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When two threads are merged, the green mark for the previous answer is removed (as well as originally proposed answers marks). I'm wondering is it only the visual mark removed or the points are removed also?

Thanks in advance.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 4:34 PM

Answers

• Final Answer:

- Current Behavior is that the green "Answered" visual mark is removed when threads are merged.

- Activity (in Profile Activity tab) remains. So it still says there that you answered the question.

- Points remain.

- Marks toward Achievements remain.

NOTE: This behavior is currently being evaluated.

- To Naomi for bringing visibility and helping us put additional focus on this issue. (Gave you a Vote as Helpful.)

- To Eduardo Noriega de Armas for being an awesome tester.

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 5:56 PM
    Owner

All replies

• The FAQ says that points are subtracted if the answer mark is removed by the original asker or the community. Just guessing, but I think the points are subtracted after the merge. Of course, the points would be re-awarded when the reply is re-marked as an anwser.

We've discovered, however, that the activity cannot be removed, so the number of answers and proposed answers likely will not be reduced in the statistics, which affects achievements. I think you and I in the past got credit for wiki edits that could not be reversed.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 1:19 AM
  • I'm thinking it's only the green mark which gets removed, but not the actual points. However, I'd like a confirmation from the person who knows from the Code point of view.  

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 1:57 AM
  • Nobody knows "the Code". It is hidden in patches...

dni

Friday, February 17, 2012 7:49 PM
  • Asking Brent and profile owners.

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 7:08 AM
    Owner
  • Re-asking.

Monday, March 26, 2012 9:28 PM
    Owner
  • Update... being tested.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 2:02 AM
    Owner
  • Final Answer:

- Current Behavior is that the green "Answered" visual mark is removed when threads are merged.

- Activity (in Profile Activity tab) remains. So it still says there that you answered the question.

- Points remain.

- Marks toward Achievements remain.

NOTE: This behavior is currently being evaluated.

- To Naomi for bringing visibility and helping us put additional focus on this issue. (Gave you a Vote as Helpful.)

- To Eduardo Noriega de Armas for being an awesome tester.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 5:56 PM
    Owner