False "not genuine" messages -aAny ideas? Microsoft can't fix this problem RRS feed

• Question

• For the past perhaps 6 weeks, I have been plauged with "not genuine" messages on my W7 64 bit Ultimate system. It had run just fine for well over 12 months before this. The only thing that has changed is that I put in a new video card I got for christmas.

Now, my product is activated - that's not an issue. But this ***** message keeps coming up and interrupting my work. I have called MS multiple times, and on at least 2 occasions was told the problem was fixed - of course, this wastes hours of my time both on the phone and when interruptions occur. When I call now, giventhe waste of tiem this has already caused, I usually hang up after 5 minutes of wait time - I have better things to do than fix a problme not of my making.

I have mutiple copies of W7 for my 5 PCs in this house, so authenticity is not a problem. I'd re-install the OS except I can't see a way to do it without losing all my stuff.

What can I do? How can I let MS know that after 20+ years and countless 10's of thousands paid for MSDOS to windows to Office and who knows what else that I do NOT appreciate beign treated this away - DEAR MICROSOFT I AM NOT A PIRACY PROBLEM AND NEVER HAVE BEEN!! Why don't they make a USB dongle or something if they'r so paranoid?? If there only were a viable alternative....

Thursday, March 3, 2011 4:16 PM

Answers

• Please do as requested in Announcement 1 at the beginning of this page,

In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue", click the "Copy" button then “Paste” the report into a reply message in this thread.

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 4:29 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Please do as requested in Announcement 1 at the beginning of this page,

In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue", click the "Copy" button then “Paste” the report into a reply message in this thread.

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 4:29 PM
    Answerer
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Monday, March 7, 2011 10:43 PM