Automatic Updates Keeps Turning Off. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. Every time I reboot, my Live One Care icon turns red and tells me that my automatic updates option has to be turned on.  I have to manually turn it on every time. Why? I've tried to make sure that "Automatic Updates" in the Windows Security Center (under Control Panel) is turned on and that this setting is Applied and OKayed, but that changes sometimes too.  I have also gone into the run command and typed in services.msc to make sure that all my Live One Care settings are started and automatic.  Why does my dumb balloon keep going red? What else do I have to do to make sure that my automatic updates are automatically on?
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 3:01 AM

Answers

All replies

• This could be caused by undetected malware so i suggest contacting support for help. How to reach support - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 3:17 AM
  • if the Automatic Upates service is not started, onecare will prompt to turn it on. meanwhile, Automatic Upates service depends on Background Intelligent Transfer Service. we need to first make sure BITS service is running and then make sure AU service is running automatically.

Click "Start", click "Run", type services.msc in the open box and click "OK". Double click the service "Background Intelligent Transfer Service". Click on the "General" tab; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" (Not “Automatic (Delayed)”). Then click the "Start" button under "Service Status" to start the service. Repeat the above steps with Automatic Updates service:

-golwatt

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 6:42 AM