none
I need to write following Excel formulas in MS Project. Could you please help? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I need help from you to write formulas in MS project. I had a file in Excel. But I need to use MS Project because of management decision. MS Project formula language is different and I do not have any experience about it before. I will be really glad if you can help me about it. In the table I have made the columns yellow which has following formulas.

Those three formula I need to write;

Formula1:

IF(OR(E2="Adjustment";E2="Secondary Work";E2="Technical Secondary Work";E2="Production";E2="Engineering Control Work");WORKDAY.INTL(H2;2;1);IF(OR(E2="Quality Control Work";E2="Assemble");WORKDAY.INTL(H2;1;1);IF(AND(E2="Primary Assemble";M2>G2;M2<N2);N2;EĞER(VE(E2="Primary Assemble";G2<MIN(M2;N2));MIN(M2;N2);IF(AND(E2="Primary Assemble";G2>MAK(M2;N2));WORKDAY.INTL(H2;2;1);"cant be calculated")))))

Formula 2:
    IF(AND(H2>=DATE(2020;1;1);H2<=DATE(2020;1;4));"W1";IF(AND(H2>=TARİH(2020;1;6);H2<=DATE(2020;1;11));"W2";"continue")

Formula 3:
    IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Adjust";D3));"Adjustment";IF(ISNUMER(SEARCH(" TN ";D3));"Technical Secondary Work";IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Production";D3));"Production")))
    Sunday, September 20, 2020 11:26 AM

All replies

• Dezoom,

First of all, it would be very helpful to know exactly what you are trying to do with each of the three formulas

Second, you have references to Excel columns and rows (e.g. "E2") but Project doesn't work that way. In Project rows are tasks, resources or assignments and columns are fields. So for example, what Project field is "E2"?

Third, what view in Project do the formulas apply. For example, is it the Gantt Chart view?

Fourth, what version of Project are you using?

If possible a screen shot might be helpful.

Sunday, September 20, 2020 2:32 PM
  • Hello John, 

May I add this one to your excellent list of questions ?

Dezoom, 

How did you end up with a mixed language MS Excel formula ? See; EĞER --> IF, TARİH --> DATE, VE --> AND

• Edited by Ismet Kocaman Sunday, September 20, 2020 8:34 PM added more
    Sunday, September 20, 2020 8:29 PM