Password Cannot be Veriied RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.
    I have had to change my password for my Net passport (this worked) and when I try to change it in my uk Money 2005 program, using Password Manager I get the following error message

This password cannot be verified please try later. Whenever I do as asked I get the same error message.

My new password works perfectly well when I sign in to Windows Live

How can I get it to work in Money?

All suggestions welcome

Friday, March 1, 2013 10:16 AM

Answers

• Cal,

Many thanks..your solution worked 

• Marked as answer by BobRob18 Sunday, March 3, 2013 5:11 PM
    Sunday, March 3, 2013 5:11 PM

All replies

• I presume your Money file is not from the US. You cannot change the ID that you used to get into Money 2005. You must sign in offline with the password and email that were in use when you saved the file.  Sorry.

The only way out of that is to do QIF export and import into a new password-free file.

Friday, March 1, 2013 7:28 PM
  • Dominic

Sorry but your solution did not work. As  l only use MS Money on my own PC I am going to leave it without a password. My PC is password protected. Many thanks anyway 

Sunday, March 3, 2013 3:46 PM
  • Cal,

Yes you are correct....I am from the UK.  As  l only use MS Money on my own PC I am going to leave it without a password. My PC is password protected. Many thanks anyway

Sunday, March 3, 2013 3:48 PM
  • I misunderstood your question. I had thought you had a Passport/LiveID/MicrosoftID on your file already.

Since I now understand that is not the case, you can continue to have no password. Another alternative is to put a conventional password on your file. Don't forget the password.

To add a conventional password,  see File->PasswordManager, and choose IWantToUseAMoneyPassword.

Sunday, March 3, 2013 5:03 PM
  • Cal,

Many thanks..your solution worked 

• Marked as answer by BobRob18 Sunday, March 3, 2013 5:11 PM
    Sunday, March 3, 2013 5:11 PM