Installing the group chat server role RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi-

I am a new hire with my company and do not have TAP access yet (though the company does), but I have been tasked with installing the group chat role. :-)

I realize that the role must be on a seperate server but do not see it listed as a server role in the R2 install nor see any binaries for it anywhere in the install media.

Can someone just point me in the right direction to get the install running please?

thanks!

vic

Friday, December 5, 2008 4:45 AM

All replies

• Vic,

The Group Chat components are separate binaries as of the latest RC build.  They are distributed in a separate folder and consist of three .exe files, one each for Server, Client and Admin.  You also should have the R2 product documentation (.chm help file) which includes step-by-step instructions for deploying the server role.  At the moment (latest build) it requires manual configuration of the SQL database and AD service accounts before running the ServerSetup binary.

You should get in contact with your TAP Buddy at Microsoft for any additional information.

Friday, December 5, 2008 1:04 PM
  • Thanks Jeff. I guess it would have helped if I had been given the server folder. All I had was client and admin and I couldn't make heads or tails of it. :-)

vic

Friday, December 5, 2008 3:24 PM