Can't update credit card account (manually) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have just updated from Money 2004 to the UK "sunset" version of 2005. I used to update my credit card account manually when I made a payment (by direct debit) each month from my current account. Now, when I try to update my current account to show the payment being made (which opens the associated credit card account), I get the error show:-

I've tried closing Money, rebooting the PC etc. with no success.

Has anyone seen this error and can suggest how to get rid of it please?

regards

Dave
    Monday, January 9, 2012 7:23 PM

All replies

• I would enter a credit card payment as a transfer between your current account and the credit card account if you are tracking the credit card account.

Anyway, I suggest File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair

If that does not solve the problem, I would make a repaired version of your file with  File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2

Monday, January 9, 2012 11:39 PM
  • Hi Cal,

thanks for the reply. I will give the repair a try, I will back up the Money files first, but are these two repair options pretty safe? Or is there a risk that I might lose other, unrelated, data from the Money file?

regards

Dave
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 1:33 PM
  • Quick is quite safe. Level 2 is more involved, but I haven't heard of cases where either caused a problem.

Speaking of backups, in almost any problem, a backup that preceeded the problem can get rid of the problem. Unfortunately it would lose the data entered since the backup. Many only keep one backup and always overwrite the previous backup.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 3:57 PM