So Far, So Good RRS feed

• General discussion

• ?I have WHS 2011 installed and my Desktop machine is backed up. Took forever and three days to back up, but I'm guessing that's because the drive's 1 TB and it's the first backup.

Nancy Ward
    Windows 8 BetaFerret
    Please Don't Text and Drive
    My Grand Kids May be in Your Path

Nancy Ward
    Saturday, February 5, 2011 1:48 PM

All replies

• That is interesting, even though it is a 1 TB drive how much information is on it? In previous versions this wasn't an issue from my side with the larger drives.

I haven't installed this yet, waiting to see what the comments are first.

--
    Don
    Saturday, February 5, 2011 5:28 PM
  • "DonCarlson" wrote in message news:6f882e3c-5f3e-4351-bb0e-efb60955305c@communitybridge.codeplex.com...
     That is interesting, even though it is a 1 TB drive how much information is on it? In previous versions this wasn't an issue from my side with the larger drives.
    =======
    Not all that much on it yet, Don. However, I do have a 500 GB MyBook with about 150 GB of information on it. This is the first time I've been able to successfully back up the whole shootin' match on the Desktop.

Nancy Ward
    Windows 8 BetaFerret

Nancy Ward
    Saturday, February 5, 2011 5:51 PM
  • Well, I just started the download, will spend some time later in the day playing around with it and see what I come up with.

This will tell me if I convert this x64 box to a storage device with other software applications. The way I have it now I can view what I need to see on my TV from my main computer anyway.

--
    Don
    Saturday, February 5, 2011 6:00 PM
  • I got the server installed and had to create 2 - 2 TB stripe sets (RAID) to handle the videos and music files.  Copying file files fro my backups to the server ran quicker that it did with DE.  The connectors installed without any problems to my HTPC & tablet.  Both backed up successfully. 

So far I am happy with the server but need to do more testing.  I work in the IT field on servers and NAS storage devices so I knew what to do to get ths to work.  Otherwise this could have been a lot harder to configure.

Nancy, did you find out what the difference is in the OEM version?

Glenn

Sunday, February 6, 2011 12:35 AM
  • Nancy, did you find out what the difference is in the OEM version?
    ======
    No, I didn't Glenn, other than the OEM version seems to be a different size. A bit larger?

Nancy Ward
    Windows 8 BetaFerret

Nancy Ward
    Sunday, February 6, 2011 1:02 AM