restricting certain programs RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All

I have written an application which runs on a mobile 6 device, and it will be used by a number of users at our company. I want to make sure the users cannot "mess around" on the phones and have to spend most of their time looking at my application. Is there a way to remove other applications from the program list (I am thinking of games) so the users cannot see them, or at least stop the users running them. I have seem packages available which allow you to do a real add/remove programs type interface on a mobile device which might remove these things for ever, but I was hoping for a more gentle way of restricting them

Many thanks

Sunday, June 22, 2008 6:20 PM

Answers

• You can't uninstall any of the preinstalled applicatons that are on the device (including the games), but you can delete the shortcuts for any application you don't want to see in the programs screen.

All you need to do is open up File Explorer on the Pocket PC, then navigate to the \windows\start menu\programs folder.  Press & hold your stylus on each shortcut you want to delete until a popup menu appears, select delete.

Monday, June 23, 2008 12:30 AM

All replies

• You can't uninstall any of the preinstalled applicatons that are on the device (including the games), but you can delete the shortcuts for any application you don't want to see in the programs screen.

All you need to do is open up File Explorer on the Pocket PC, then navigate to the \windows\start menu\programs folder.  Press & hold your stylus on each shortcut you want to delete until a popup menu appears, select delete.

Monday, June 23, 2008 12:30 AM
  • Prof

Many thanks - I will delete the shortcuts and I am sure that will suffice

Regards

Monday, June 23, 2008 10:22 PM