MS CRM 2011 customer portal RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi guys,

I am totally fed up with installing customer portal in mscrm 2011 online without hosting in azure (IIS). Can anyone please provide me with the steps to host and make it work in crm2011 online My email id is boopeshbabud@zsl.com. Im getting the error Devicename already exists error

Thanks in advance

Friday, August 26, 2011 9:16 PM

All replies

• It sounds like your Live ID device ID and password are not set properly.  Please generate another pair and update your web.config to match.  An easy way to do that is to use the same credentials that are used in your websitecopy utility.  Simply tell that tool to save your credentials to a file and you can easily copy/paste them to your web.config file.

Other than that, I don't understand what you want by "installing customer portal in mscrm 2011 online *without* hosting in Azure (IIS)".  Can you please describe your expectations further?

Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com
    Monday, October 17, 2011 11:39 PM
  • Hi Shan, 

I am trying the same approach to host the Customer Portal on CRM 2011 IFD environment which uses ADFS 2.0. I can't find any documentation regards to any modifications which should be done to webconfig and code level. I would appreciate if you could help me to change the authentication mode from Windows Azure to IFD with  ADFS 2.0.

Regards,

D

Thursday, December 1, 2011 12:08 AM
  • I want to make sure I understand you correctly.  You are hosting your website in Azure but are connecting back to your CRM which is exposed to the internet using IFD and ADFS.  In this case, both your CRM and ADFS server need to be exposed to the internet.  What you need to do is to put an appropriate connection string in your web.config.  No code changes will be necessary for the portal.  The format for your CRM url will be slightly different in IFD versus standard on-prem.  Here is a good description of what your connection string needs to look like: http://community.adxstudio.com/Default.aspx?DN=8c4ce1a6-25f4-4ae6-b917-63cdb49f4fd0 

Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 12:33 AM
  • Hi Shan,

Thank you for your reply.I have private server which is configured for IFD using ADFS 2.0. I am not hosting the website on Azure. Instead I am hosting that on the same server. I need to convert all LiveIdMembershipProviders to use membership type supported by ADFS 2.0. I hope you will get a better understanding of my approach now. 

Regards,

D

Thursday, December 1, 2011 5:51 AM
  • There are two different authentication mechanisms working now - one is your CRM authentication of which the portal needs to connect to.  The other one is the portal authentication that your customers use.  You can use any membership provider for your portal authentication.  If you wait until CRM 2011 R7 releases we will be updating the portals to support claims and Azure ACS.  In the meantime, the commercial version of the portals from Adxstudio already supports claims and Azure ACS as well as has a contact membership provider.  In case you don't know what ACS is - it is a claims server that is run by Microsoft that allows for federation with Live ID, Google, Yahoo, Facebook and most other standards-based identity providers.  This will allow your customers to bring their existing online identities and use them with your website.  Said another way - your customers will be happy and you no longer have to manage password resets...   Here is a page that documents how to set up ACS authentication with the commercial portals:  http://community.adxstudio.com/Default.aspx?DN=a7e8ece3-2a89-4316-a400-379c568b0df2.

Thursday, December 1, 2011 4:37 PM