none
Successful install on nForce2 RRS feed

• Question

• I was pessimistic that WHS would install on my nForce2 system since there are no Server 2003 drivers for the platform.

I used the XP driver package and everything is working.

Brent

Sunday, March 4, 2007 4:19 AM

Answers

• same here, I installed the nforce2 board using the xp drivers, everything runs stable!
    Sunday, March 4, 2007 10:44 AM

All replies

• same here, I installed the nforce2 board using the xp drivers, everything runs stable!
    Sunday, March 4, 2007 10:44 AM
  • I was able to get mine up on the second pass.  I haven't tried a reinstall for testing (was planing on it...) but I had to first load the disk driver via USB key then when windows was looking for drivers take out the install disc and put in my driver disc (still have the originial that came with the mb), and then quickly put the windows disc back in...  Probably not the best way to do it, but it came up and has been running great.  The first install failed on the software setup because it didn't have the drivers...
    Friday, March 16, 2007 4:05 AM
  • Ditto: XP Drivers
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 1:28 AM
  • Everything installed on my Abit NF7-S.  Four things did not install, SATA drivers (I am using an IDE drive at the moment), Audio drivers x 2, and SM Bus Controller.  The audio drivers I could care less about, but the SM Bus Controller might be a needed item.
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 6:37 AM
  • please try Microsoft Update (not express button), it sometimes has the drivers you need, otherwise go to the websie of the motherboard manufacturer to find some more drivers.
    Wednesday, March 28, 2007 10:12 AM
  • Well not from WHS if one of the necessary drivers is your Ethernet controller and you have no network, Tom. ;-)

Just another confirmation here, XP drivers for my MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR (MS-6570) worked for me -- without these, I had no Ethernet, SM Bus, RAID or audio. I'm leaving off the RAID and I understand the audio is superfluous on WHS. I got the drivers from MSI's site.

This was using WHS RTM retail -- apparently still no appropriate drivers on the OS disk. 

Stewart.

Monday, December 3, 2007 1:36 AM