Windows 7 x64 Key Doesn't work MSDNAA RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded a windows 7 64-bit version from MSDNAA a few years back and the CD Key i was given doesn't work at all. Once more I can no longer login to MSDNAA to double check the CD-key validity. I can provide invoice numbers and proofs of purchases emails, even the not working keys. I'm willing to provide any information needed to prove my own identity and that i am the sole user of the key. I just want it to work.
    Wednesday, March 28, 2012 4:24 AM

Answers

• The MSDNAA software licensing agreement states you can only install and use the software if you are a current student or faculty member.  You would need to contact your school's MSDNAA administrator for assistance with your issue.

Carey Frisch

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 7:00 AM

All replies

• The MSDNAA software licensing agreement states you can only install and use the software if you are a current student or faculty member.  You would need to contact your school's MSDNAA administrator for assistance with your issue.

Carey Frisch

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 7:00 AM
  • Will do. It shouldn't be a problem since I am still a student. I just find it weird that the CD key wouldn't work.

Dante McNeil

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 11:45 AM
  • "Dmcneil330" wrote

Will do. It shouldn't be a problem since I am still a student. I just find it weird that the CD key wouldn't work.

It all depends on what you mean by 'wouldn't work'
    The usual reason is that you mistype a single character (mistaking a B for an 8 is probably most common) and it passes the on-board test but fails the Activation check.

Perhaps posting an MGADiag report may show what the problem might be....
    To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
      - **in your own thread**, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine, but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Wednesday, March 28, 2012 12:26 PM