Force disable of image scaling and rotation RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings!

I need to seamlessly stitch few screen shots of a large image into one integrated image. However when ICE tries to match it usually slightly changes the scale or rotate individual images in the input set that results is blurring of the final image. I know for sure that stretching or rotation is not required in my case.

Can I disable automatic adjustment of scale or rotation of individual images while stitching?

Friday, September 16, 2011 11:47 AM

All replies

• How are you capturing your images that you have only translation? 

ICE does not have a pure translation mode.  The closest that you can get is setting "Camera motion" to "Planar Motion 1" in the bottom left of the ICE window.

Even if the images are purely translating the ICE pipeline will still resample the images, which will result in the same slight blurring of the image as rotate would induce.  I say slight because ICE is using a good resampling technique (bicubic sharper - in Photoshop terms).  I'm surprised that you are seeing noticable blurring vs. your input images.  It would be interesting if you could post the input and output images somewhere to show us the blurring effect.

Saturday, September 17, 2011 11:35 PM