Dynamic Filitering with SqlSyncProvider RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to pass a filter value in dynamically to the SqlSyncProvider?

For example, given this code written at provisioning time:

// Define filters for Customer table

serverConfig["Customer"].AddFilterColumn("CustomerId");

serverConfig["Customer"].FilterClause = String.Format("[side].CustomerId={0}",m_CustomerId);

I’d like to be able to pass m_CustomerId dynamically during synchronization time by setting a property or calling a method on the instance of SqlSyncProvider.

Rick G. Garibay MVP, Connected Systems
    Friday, July 10, 2009 1:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• Rick, Sean is following up with you separately on this.
    This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Sunday, July 26, 2009 12:28 AM
  • Thanks Mahesh.
    Rick
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 4:33 AM
  • Is there any update to this story in the RTM bits?
    Rick MVP, Connected Systems Developer
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 7:41 PM
  • Rick,

We has a discussion offline but I wanted to follow up and loop the forum into this conversation.  Unfortunately, while our new providers include quite a few important features, there are still some important gaps to fill.  Specifically, these providers do not support Sql Server change tracking and they lack the same amount of flexibility regarding dynamic filters.  Both of these shortcomings are being discussed internally as a part of vNext planning and thanks to your feedback, we are aware of the importance of these capabilities and this will weigh heavily when triaging possibly work for vNext. 

Also note that it is possibly to work around the filtering limitations by crafting the stored proc to dynamically select the appropriate scope.  I am working with one of our developers to get something posted to our blog to fill in this gap in the short-term.

Regards,

Sean Kelley
    Senior Program Manager
    Microsoft
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 5:10 AM
  • Rick,

We has a discussion offline but I wanted to follow up and loop the forum into this conversation.  Unfortunately, while our new providers include quite a few important features, there are still some important gaps to fill.  Specifically, these providers do not support Sql Server change tracking and they lack the same amount of flexibility regarding dynamic filters.  Both of these shortcomings are being discussed internally as a part of vNext planning and thanks to your feedback, we are aware of the importance of these capabilities and this will weigh heavily when triaging possibly work for vNext. 

Also note that it is possibly to work around the filtering limitations by crafting the stored proc to dynamically select the appropriate scope.  I am working with one of our developers to get something posted to our blog to fill in this gap in the short-term.

Regards,

Sean Kelley
    Senior Program Manager
    Microsoft

Thanks Sean. I would very much appreciate insight into the dynamic stored procedure pattern.
    Rick MVP, Connected Systems Developer
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 5:38 PM