Adding my Domain to WHS2011 with EnomCentral RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I've successfully transferred my domain from 123-Reg to EnomCentral.

According to EnomCentral the transfer was completed successfully at 9:56 AM Pacific time 2/18/14.

However, WHS2011 will still not go any further than selecting EnomCentral once I have entered my domain on the previous screen?

It says 'Your domain name is not available to set up until the domain name transfer completes'

I have emailed EnomCentral who say this is nothing to do with them as it is Microsoft, yet they say the transfer is complete, which according to my account is correct?

My router is a Netgear WNDR4700 (N900 Media Router)

Ports 4125, 443, 80 open

Any idea's how I can remote access my server?

Thanks

• Edited by Shane (UK) Friday, February 21, 2014 9:05 AM
    • Changed type Andy Qi Thursday, March 6, 2014 11:10 AM
    Friday, February 21, 2014 8:04 AM

All replies

• How long have you been waiting? If you Ping your domain name on the Internet, do you get the correct IP address (i.e. the external IP of your router)?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Friday, February 21, 2014 5:36 PM
  • Hi,

A couple of days of waiting

These are the screens i get.

Friday, February 21, 2014 7:13 PM
  • Friday, February 21, 2014 7:15 PM
  • "It may take several days ...." Although 2 weeks is far too long. What about the Ping test?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Friday, February 21, 2014 7:47 PM
  • It comes back request timed out?
    Friday, February 21, 2014 8:50 PM
  • I am not sure why I asked you to do that! I only use homeserver.com so don' t have experience of your provider. Is sbke.co.uk real as it maps to Ash Parking in the USA and your name suggests you are in the UK? What happens if you try with www. first?

Friday, February 21, 2014 9:14 PM
  • I cannot use .homeserver.com from work.

I had it working on WHS V1, but WHS2011 is something different.

Yes, SBKE.co.uk is real, I transferred it from UK to Enom as this is what WHS2011 was asking.

If I try adding www first it doesn't make any difference on the outcome.

Saturday, February 22, 2014 9:17 AM
  • Here's the reply from Enom.

Hello,

I apologize but we do not have information on whether you are required to have an SSL certificate to make your product work. I would recommend checking the documentation for the WHS2011 for any SSL requirements, or contacting Microsoft support for assistance with this question. I am not able to answer this question because eNom is not placing this requirement on you, so we do not have any information on what is required to run WHS2011.

If you do need an SSL, we have many to choose from by selecting the Security Tab, and selecting one of the families of SSL certificates ( Comodo, Symantec, GeoTrust). However, you do not have to purchase the SSLs from us if you do not want to, as you can configure any SSL to work with any domain.

Regards,
    Daniel L.
    Technical Support

Sunday, February 23, 2014 9:40 AM