windows defender RRS feed

• Question

•  

my windows defender keeps turning off. what's the fix it for this plz?
    Monday, January 28, 2008 9:44 PM

Answers

All replies

• OneCare disabled Windows Defender on install as it includes the protection of Defender. If you turn it on, it will be turned off once again by OneCare.

If you are not using OneCare, head over to the forums for Defender - 

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/newsgroups/default.mspx

-steve

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 2:22 PM
  • Do I read your input correctly?      OneCare provides the same thing that Windows Defender does, theefore I do not need the Defender if I am running OneCare?

I am using one care and trying to install the defender now.  Onecare updated itself and aparently deleted my Defender.

Pls advise Stephen..  and thanks

Saturday, February 2, 2008 10:17 PM
  • Yes, that's correct: OneCare includes Defender - it has Defender built-in and much more. 

You do not need Defender after you install OneCare.
    Sunday, February 3, 2008 7:14 AM
  •  digum wrote:

Do I read your input correctly?      OneCare provides the same thing that Windows Defender does, theefore I do not need the Defender if I am running OneCare?

I am using one care and trying to install the defender now.  Onecare updated itself and aparently deleted my Defender.

Pls advise Stephen..  and thanks

Jungleboi already provided the answer - you don't need to install Defender and OneCare will turn it off if you do install it.

-steve

Monday, February 4, 2008 4:02 PM