VB6 COM+ component gets struck intermediately RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We have existing VB6 COM+ application running on multiple servers. Recently, we have implemented change to integrate COM+ application with a .Net class library (to consume IBM ESB services). Application runs fine but sometimes COm+ objects gets struck and application stops working . This happens on one of the server at a this issue occurs intermediately. Not getting any clue on what exactly causing this problem.

Can anyone help me on this ?

Sunday, December 17, 2017 11:32 PM

All replies

• This forum is not for antique software development. 

VB7 is the first version which is handled in this forum. Although that VB7 one becomes also very retro currently. 

Try to find a forum for those who trying to keep VB6 running. You will find them on Internet by using Google or other search engines. 

Success
    Cor

Sunday, December 17, 2017 11:38 PM
  • Hi Shivappa,

Since this forum is discussing and asking questions about the Visual Basic programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools, and your issue is more related to VB6. This link about vb6, please refer that:

http://www.vbforums.com/forumdisplay.php?1-Visual-Basic-6-and-Earlier

Thank you for participating in the forum activities.

Best Regards,

Cherry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 18, 2017 1:30 AM
  • Are you using COM+ with your .NET component for database transactions? If not then I would not register it for running in COM+.

I don't know anything about IBM ESB Services, and we can't really help you with that here, but if you experience connection issues then that can cause COM+ components to hang. In this instance you typically need to shut down the COM+ app.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Monday, December 18, 2017 3:12 PM