CRM Online, display SSRS report (contain CRM fetch) in report server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I developed a SSRS report in Bids 2010, joining two datasets, one was built on SQL Server database with T-SQL statement, another was built on Microsoft Dynamics CRM Fetch with fetchXml.  The report ran well in Bids.  However, I want to deploy it to a report server (SQL Server 2008 R2 or SQL Server 2012).  I get all kinds of errors.  The major errors said it does not support CRM Fetch.  What I have to install in report server in order to run the report in Report Manager?

Error 1: An attempt has been made to use a data extension 'MSCRMFETCH' that is either not registered for this report server or is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services (rsDataExtensionNotFound).

Error 2: Cannot create a connection to data source 'XXXXXX'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)

Thursday, April 28, 2016 9:56 PM

All replies

• To run an SSRS report that uses FetchXML against an SSRS server you must install Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions on the SSRS server. Make sure that you use the version that matches your CRM version. (e.g. 2013).

But your question title mentions CRM Online, did you mean CRM On-premises?

Friday, May 6, 2016 7:57 AM
  • No, it is CRM Online.  Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions works when used in Bids.  It does not work when installed in Report Server.
    Wednesday, May 11, 2016 7:23 PM