Crystal Report with MS Access RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, Im a beginner in creating Crystal reports in VB 2008, so heres my problem. I have 2 forms, the first form contains browse button, textbox and Ok button. the other form is where the Crystal Report Viewer is. I am browsing a MS Access file where serve as a database container, so whenever i browse my Roullette.accdb, its folder path will display to the textbox, and I have a OK button, What i want is whenever I click the ok button, form2/Crystal report viewer will show and the browsed file and it database content will display to the Form2/Crystal Report Viewer, i want to fill it depends on what file is being browsed, my code to Browse button is: 

Private Sub Browse_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Browse.Click If OpenFileDialog1.ShowDialog() = DialogResult.OK Then TextBox1.Text = OpenFileDialog1.FileName

And the OK button is:

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Form2.ShowDialog() Form2.Dispose()

• Moved by Carl Cai Thursday, December 5, 2013 1:30 AM not support
    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 4:25 AM

Answers

• Hello, Im a beginner in creating Crystal reports in VB 2008, so heres my problem. I have 2 forms, the first form contains browse button, textbox and Ok button. the other form is where the Crystal Report Viewer is. I am browsing a MS Access file where serve as a database container, so whenever i browse my Roullette.accdb, its folder path will display to the textbox, and I have a OK button, What i want is whenever I click the ok button, form2/Crystal report viewer will show and the browsed file and it database content will display to the Form2/Crystal Report Viewer, i want to fill it depends on what file is being browsed, my code to Browse button is: 

Private Sub Browse_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Browse.Click If OpenFileDialog1.ShowDialog() = DialogResult.OK Then TextBox1.Text = OpenFileDialog1.FileName

And the OK button is:

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Form2.ShowDialog() Form2.Dispose()

Well it's possible you need to go to SAP.Com and post in their forums for Crystal Reports and Visual Studio as Crystal Reports is no longer supported by Microsoft. As you want to fill a Crystal Reports Viewer whatever that is.

Please BEWARE that I have NO EXPERIENCE and NO EXPERTISE and probably onset of DEMENTIA which may affect my answers! Also, I've been told by an expert, that when you post an image it clutters up the thread and mysteriously, over time, the link to the image will somehow become "unstable" or something to that effect. :) I can only surmise that is due to Global Warming of the threads.

• Marked as answer by Eys Ace Wednesday, December 4, 2013 5:16 AM
    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 4:38 AM

All replies

And the OK button is:

Well it's possible you need to go to SAP.Com and post in their forums for Crystal Reports and Visual Studio as Crystal Reports is no longer supported by Microsoft. As you want to fill a Crystal Reports Viewer whatever that is.

Please BEWARE that I have NO EXPERIENCE and NO EXPERTISE and probably onset of DEMENTIA which may affect my answers! Also, I've been told by an expert, that when you post an image it clutters up the thread and mysteriously, over time, the link to the image will somehow become "unstable" or something to that effect. :) I can only surmise that is due to Global Warming of the threads.

• Marked as answer by Eys Ace Wednesday, December 4, 2013 5:16 AM
    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 4:38 AM
  • @Mr.Monkeyboy Really? is it possible? but i cant find any solutions in SAP.com regarding my problem, do you have any idea sir?

• Edited by Eys Ace Wednesday, December 4, 2013 5:46 AM
    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 5:25 AM