MICROSOFT MONEY PLUS SUNSET EDITIONS STILL RUNNING ON FEBRUARY 1ST RRS feed

• General discussion

• I just checked the download site and as of Tuesday morning, eastern time the site is still active. My guess is that it will remain available for some time. Good luck to anyone who still needs to download. Steve
    Tuesday, February 1, 2011 12:28 PM

All replies

• Yep still working over here in Europe too.

But maybe the person who has to pull the plug is on the US west coast so I'm not counting chickens yet.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011 12:57 PM
  • Are you sure that MS had pulled the plug already? Because, I can still download online updates and acces the online help. (checked 1 PM GMT)
    Tuesday, February 1, 2011 1:45 PM
  • Are you sure that MS had pulled the plug already? Because, I can still download online updates and acces the online help. (checked 1 PM GMT)
    Yeah, I've just updated my share prices (23:30 GMT 1st Feb) here in the UK with my Money 2004 (v 12), so if that keeps working I'll be very happy.
    Tuesday, February 1, 2011 11:44 PM
  • I'm using Money 2007 in two different places (office and home), and interestingly, home continues to download my transactions and quotes just fine, but the office does not.  It gives an error "Update Not Complete" as soon as I click to tell it to "Update Now", that just started today.  Weird thing is, I am using the exact same version in both places, with bank accounts in the exact same bank.  One continues to work, the other does not.  Weird.
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 12:01 AM
  • Mine is still working here in France at 0844 UTC on 2 Feb.

Maybe we are in luck!

I have to say I did hold a ray of hope that this might happen. Microsoft never announced that they would abandon the MSN online portfolio, which presumably uses the same servers for its information. It seemed odd to cut off Money users when it is presumably costing them very little to allow us continued access.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 8:48 AM
  • I signed into Money UK today 3 Feb at 0958Z and I got a flash screen telling me that online services had ended.

It is true that now synchronisation with MSN has finished - there is a just a blank screen when I press "update now" in portfolio.

However, quotes and exchange rate updates are still working for now.

If they could just leave quotes and exchange rate services running I would be happy. The bank download feature was never an issue for users outside the USA as only a tiny handful of banks ever took up the service.

Thursday, February 3, 2011 10:02 AM
  • Well, synchronisation with MSN does still work with my US version of Money (3 pm GMT). But I fear it's only a matter of time before MS disables that too.
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 3:25 PM
  • Finally Gone!. Updated my share prices ok last night (4th Feb 00:33 GMT) and this morning (4th Feb 09:30 GMT) a flash screen appeared and my Money 2004 UK OEM version 12 was modified and I now no longer have the "Update Prices - Online"; only the manual update option appears. BUT, my Money 2005 UK version 14 still updates prices ! Have stayed with 2004 which I prefer but will use 2005 if that keeps working, although as Remco says, probably only a matter of time before that's disabled too.
    Friday, February 4, 2011 10:02 AM
  • I understand from a reply today (March 10) that the Microsoft servers have closed for stock & fund updates for Money 2004. Is this correct for US users? I also understand that other more recent versions of Money thru Money Plus (2008) will have the servers closed for stock and fund updates shortly. Can Cal, Dick Watson or any of the monitors here confirm or deny this information. I just like to be up to date on how things are going with the transition. I personally are on Money Sunset and manually update my 12 stock and fund prices daily as part of my regular procedures. No issues. Thanks for the input. Steve
    Friday, March 11, 2011 3:00 AM