Using VS2013 for non-asp.net web development RRS feed

• Question

• I'm planning on developing a web site based on Bootstrap 3. Having heard that VS2013 supports Bootstrap 3 I started to wonder if I could use it as my development tool rather than just the text editor which I currently use. However, this site will be just standard HTML, there is no requirement for asp.net to be used. Does that rule out VS2013 as being appropriate? If it still seems possible (and a good idea) can anyone point me towards any resources that may help with this? I don't have any experience using VS and thought this may have been an opportunity to learn it.

Thanks.

• Moved by Amanda Zhu Friday, November 22, 2013 8:47 AM
    Friday, November 22, 2013 12:29 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for your post.

I am afraid that the issue is out of support range of VS General Question forum which mainly discusses WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

Through a research, it seems Bootstrap 3 can work with VS2013. Please see:

http://elbruno.com/2013/10/02/vs2013-howto-create-a-website-project-in-visual-studio-using-bootstrap/

Because Bootstrap is a framework created by Twitter to create interfaces and responsive website based on HTML5 and CSS3, I suggest contact Twitter if you want to know how to develop website base don Bootstrap.

Thank you for your undertsanding.

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Amanda Zhu Friday, November 22, 2013 8:47 AM edit
    • Proposed as answer by Just Karl Friday, November 22, 2013 4:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Monday, January 6, 2014 7:28 PM
    Friday, November 22, 2013 8:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your post.

I am afraid that the issue is out of support range of VS General Question forum which mainly discusses WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

Through a research, it seems Bootstrap 3 can work with VS2013. Please see:

http://elbruno.com/2013/10/02/vs2013-howto-create-a-website-project-in-visual-studio-using-bootstrap/

Because Bootstrap is a framework created by Twitter to create interfaces and responsive website based on HTML5 and CSS3, I suggest contact Twitter if you want to know how to develop website base don Bootstrap.

Thank you for your undertsanding.

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Amanda Zhu Friday, November 22, 2013 8:47 AM edit
    • Proposed as answer by Just Karl Friday, November 22, 2013 4:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Monday, January 6, 2014 7:28 PM
    Friday, November 22, 2013 8:46 AM
  • Amanda

I'm not really asking about how to use Boostrap, I'm actually asking about how useful VS2013 is for developing web sites that don't really need to use asp.NET. So it's a general question about using VS2013, not a specific question about Bootstrap.

Tony Hodge

Monday, November 25, 2013 11:48 PM