has anyone used the CRM Plugin Registration Tool? RRS feed

• Question

• in simple, How do i use this. I followed what instructions i could but i am still new to this aspect of loading plugins.

Is there an online resource for how to? or do we have some smart people on here who can assist me in using this?

When i try to connect i get the error that it can not connect to directory services.

Unhandled Exception: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at PluginRegistrationTool.CrmSdk.Discovery.CrmDiscoveryService.Execute(Request Request)

at PluginRegistrationTool.CrmConnection.RetrieveOrganizations()

at PluginRegistrationTool.ConnectionsForm.OpenConnection(CrmConnection con)

Thursday, January 6, 2011 1:27 AM

All replies

• Make sure you specify the correct Discovery Server and Port

also the account you are logged on as, will need to be added to that CRM Org

Thursday, January 6, 2011 1:40 AM
  • What values are you using for the Connection?  Particularly the Discovery Server and Port values.

HTTP 404 is file not found which suggests a problem with the URL with which you are attempting to connect to the CRM Server.

--pogo (pat)
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 1:46 AM
  • Usually this error is because the Discovery Url is not correct. Please be sure you are setting the url as:

Discovery URL : http://[hostName]:[port]

The Plugin Registration Tool should be able to find the service to retrieve the organizations.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 3:18 PM
  • Try with IP Addresses instead of server name

Monday, January 17, 2011 1:03 AM