none
What about making the pinned threads more visible for non-reading people? RRS feed

• Question

• Look at the following thread. This guy complains about, he can't get his account verified and also take a look in what forum he posted that thread. In the Forums Issues (not product support) forum, where there's a Verify Your Account thread pinned at the very top. Looks like no-one sees those pinned threads.

Example thread: account not verified

The following is my signature:

Powershell Programmer & Advanced Lua Programmer

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the main question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

I published the URL's for the icons in my signature.

Please contact me, before reporting me, thank you.

[string](0..21|%{[char][int]([int]("{0:d}" -f 0x28)+('577076797174-87661607769657424-8687168065964').substring(($_*2),2))})-replace' '

Thursday, April 18, 2013 12:38 PM

All replies

• Excellent idea, Livio. +1.

Ciao,

Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows & Security Expert - since 2003.
    Moderator in the Microsoft Community and TechNet Forums
    My MVP Profile

Thursday, April 18, 2013 12:42 PM
  • Always when I see such threads, this is my first action:

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the main question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

[string](0..21|%{[char][int]([int]("{0:d}" -f 0x28)+('577076797174-87661607769657424-8687168065964').substring(($_*2),2))})-replace' '

Thursday, April 18, 2013 12:49 PM
  • It might be useful to rename the pinned thread to be "How to verify your account".

Regards

Adrian

Friday, April 19, 2013 12:20 PM
  • I think this will not help much more.

Another example:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/902b93c1-5c12-40b4-b98e-4c61ae55dd64

Monday, April 29, 2013 6:58 AM
  • Livio,

I've no actual answer for you. 

But keep in mind that more data makes information less reachable.

(

The forum contributors fulfil a role for those who cannot find the information in the data. Also keep in mind that humans are not like ants, we have our own individual way of doing things (despite some persons in past tried to put all humans in one uniform).  

Success
    Cor

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 8:01 AM
  • Well,

I think that the verification thread should just become more visible, since people are still opening new threads about "verify my account" and the actual thread is just like 3 threads above it (in the same forum).

In my opinion, more data is occured by creating new threads anyways, than making one thread more visible (in the end when counting all the threads with the verification questions).

E.g: Since there's much white space to the right and the left part of the forum, they could fill in the link to the thread, where they can verify their account.

Need any links for images like CodeBlock? Go here.

Friday, May 17, 2013 6:28 AM