locked
Reports installation problems RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi, I am new to CRM.  I am trying to install CRM 4.0 on Windows Server 2008 with SQL Server 2008.  The server itself has SQL Server, Active Directory, Exchange, and other web sites among other things running on it. I am installing to a web site that is running on port 8080.

    Problem 1: During installation, I get the error "Publishing CRM reports failed. The system cannot find the path specified."  If I ignore it, the installation finishes, but, I am told it finishes with errors: "Publishing CRM reports failed."

    Problem 2: I can open CRM fine and add a contact.  But, if I try to create a report, I get this in the :

    e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ItemNotFoundException: The item '/WerDataInc_MSCRM/4.0/MSCRM_DataSource' cannot be found., ;
     Info: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ItemNotFoundException: The item '/WerDataInc_MSCRM/4.0/MSCRM_DataSource' cannot be found.

    Questions:

    1. What additional information can I provide to help figure this out?

    2.  I assume some reports should be installed, but, are not due to Problem 1.  Can I install them later, or, does this need to be done via the installer?

    3.  How do I trouble shoot this?  I am thinking this is a reporting services problem.  I am new to Reporting services as well.  Perhaps this is a Reporting Services permissions issue?

    Thanks,

    Scott Vickery

    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 10:59 PM

Answers

All replies

  • Can you access the report server using the address you used in the install process. e.g http://yourServer/reportserver

    Anyhow, here is a article that will help you http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!A2586C4AB938C065!984.entry


    MSCRM Bing'd - http://bingsoft.wordpress.com
    • Marked as answer by ScottVickery Wednesday, September 8, 2010 3:50 PM
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 11:06 PM
    Moderator
  • Yes.  I can access to report.  I get a directory listing, which, I assume is correct.

    I will take a look at the link as well. 

    Thanks,

    Scott

     

    Wednesday, September 8, 2010 12:05 AM
  • Just the confirm that the report url you specify in the install process needs to be http://yourserver/reportserver not http://yourServer/reports.
    MSCRM Bing'd - http://bingsoft.wordpress.com
    Wednesday, September 8, 2010 12:08 AM
    Moderator
  • The link you gave above got me past the problems I had above.  I installed successfully, I can see the installed reports, and, I can create a report.  However, when I try to run a report, whether a new test report I created, or, one of the canned reports, I get this:

    • Execution 'uxl41e55cpmnb355lvbclh55' cannot be found

    Any ideas on this one?

    Thanks,Scott

    Wednesday, September 8, 2010 12:45 AM
  • Have you the latest rollup for the SSRS Data Connecter? Though I have a feeling it has to do with a mismatched version of a component, have you installed the latest Rollup 12 on the CRM server?
    MSCRM Bing'd - http://bingsoft.wordpress.com
    Wednesday, September 8, 2010 8:22 AM
    Moderator
  • Looking in the SSRS logs, I see the following exception:

    webserver!ReportServer_0-2!dac!09/08/2010-10:00:20:: e ERROR: Reporting Services error Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ExecutionNotFoundException: Execution 'vye3nfzrlpomxwj52135hbuu' cannot be found
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.HttpClientRequest.InitForRequest(CatalogItemContext context, UserContext userCtx)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportServiceHttpHandler.RenderReport()
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportServiceHttpHandler.DoStreamedOperation(StreamedOperation operation)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportServiceHttpHandler.RenderPageContent()
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportServiceHttpHandler.RenderPage()

    Searching on that error, I seem to find references to session problems.  Not sure how to fix it yet, but, that is the path I am on.

    Thanks,

    Scott

    Wednesday, September 8, 2010 2:21 PM
  • The line in the log before that says this:

    session!ReportServer_0-2!dac!09/08/2010-10:00:20:: i INFO: LoadSnapshot: Item with session: vye3nfzrlpomxwj52135hbuu,
    reportPath: /WerDataInc_MSCRM/4.0/{ADAA4A0B-E0BA-DF11-B4EC-A4BADB2E31CE},
    userName: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE not found in the database

    Not sure which DB SSRS is looking for NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE.  I see a discussion about that here: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlreportingservices/thread/cac5d80d-b5ea-402f-8592-f17527c023f4, but, I am not quite sure what to do next.

    Scott

    Wednesday, September 8, 2010 2:35 PM
  • I solved the above problem.  I am fairly sure all I did was went to the app pool that the CRM site is running in, changed the Identity it was running under to something other than Network Service, and, then changed it back to Network Service.

    Thanks for your help.

    Scott

    • Marked as answer by ScottVickery Wednesday, September 8, 2010 3:50 PM
    Wednesday, September 8, 2010 3:50 PM
  • Excellent
    MSCRM Bing'd - http://bingsoft.wordpress.com
    Wednesday, September 8, 2010 3:52 PM
    Moderator
  • I had also changed the account reporting services was running under.
    Wednesday, September 8, 2010 4:06 PM