How do I export my CRM data into Excel? RRS feed

• Question

• First, I'm not a developer so I the explanations provided thus far have not been helpful. I'm looking for the easiest way to export all my CRM data into Excel. Is there a tool on CRM that will do this?

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 3:19 PM

Answers

• Sure, welcome to MSCRM.

For a new user like you, you might want to think about the request of "ALL your data" at the same time.

In each of the major forms or entities, you have Views like "My Active Accounts" in the Accounts form.

Once you see "Your Active Accounts", Look at the ribbon option of "Export to Excel".   You will see the option to export those records to an Excel Spread sheet.  If your using CRM 2011 Online, remember that the file is save to your choice of either your device or a mapped drive on your side of the network.

I caution people not to move all the corporate data out to a group of spread sheets on a device.   In many instances this would be a HIPA or SOX violation.

You do the export on each form or "entity".

Once you have the data it's in your control.    Corporate data is covered by laws so make sure your in compliance.

Curtis J Spanburgh

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 4:04 PM

All replies

• Sure, welcome to MSCRM.

For a new user like you, you might want to think about the request of "ALL your data" at the same time.

In each of the major forms or entities, you have Views like "My Active Accounts" in the Accounts form.

Once you see "Your Active Accounts", Look at the ribbon option of "Export to Excel".   You will see the option to export those records to an Excel Spread sheet.  If your using CRM 2011 Online, remember that the file is save to your choice of either your device or a mapped drive on your side of the network.

I caution people not to move all the corporate data out to a group of spread sheets on a device.   In many instances this would be a HIPA or SOX violation.

You do the export on each form or "entity".

Once you have the data it's in your control.    Corporate data is covered by laws so make sure your in compliance.

Curtis J Spanburgh

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 4:04 PM
  • Hi Opal,

By using CRM default functionality if you try to export the records by using "Export To Excel" ribbon button you will get only 10000 records at a time, so if you want to get all the records in a single spread sheet you can use this tool to increase the export limit in crm. and then use the "Export To Excel" ribbon button.

Hope this will help you.

Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 4:58 PM
  • What would be the reason  "Export to Excel" button would be missing on the ribbon?
    Monday, May 12, 2014 9:50 AM
  • Have your admin check the

Privileges of our security role.

Curtis J Spanburgh

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 6:17 PM