none
MakeCall from SALT app? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have an existing MSS 2004 SALT app that we're getting moved into OCS.  It has some outbound functionality.  My question is if I can use my existing MakeCall logic from the SALT app (via a SaltInterpreterActivity) to initiate the call (so just drop that activity into the workflow passing along any relevant info), or do I have to have the call in a connected state before invoking the SALT activity?

Thank you!

Jon

Friday, February 1, 2008 2:24 PM

Answers

• If you're only interested in running an existing app on 2007, just register it directly with Speech Server as a Salt Application.  If there are other reasons why you want to run it via a SaltInterpreterActivity (i.e. you're wanting to replace bits or augment it with managed code), then you can leave your MakeCall logic in the SALT app.

The only rule when transitioning from managed to salt is that the connection is in the state expected by the salt app.  I.e. if the salt app tries to a do a makecall, then TelehonySession must be Idle.

Friday, February 1, 2008 3:31 PM

All replies

• If you're only interested in running an existing app on 2007, just register it directly with Speech Server as a Salt Application.  If there are other reasons why you want to run it via a SaltInterpreterActivity (i.e. you're wanting to replace bits or augment it with managed code), then you can leave your MakeCall logic in the SALT app.

The only rule when transitioning from managed to salt is that the connection is in the state expected by the salt app.  I.e. if the salt app tries to a do a makecall, then TelehonySession must be Idle.

Friday, February 1, 2008 3:31 PM
  • Thanks Anthony.  I didn't realize you could point OCS right at it.  Works well!

Jon

Friday, February 1, 2008 6:11 PM