Edgeserver internal interface testing... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Can any one explain me the basic steps for testing Edge server integration with Front end server using Internal interface of Edge servers.

I have deployed my Frontend server in local lan with 192.168.1.14 and deployed edge server with two NIC cards one is with private 192.168.1.15 internal interface and second one is with public ip address. I kept edge server in work group.

Thanks,
    Suresh.

Monday, August 11, 2008 2:29 PM

All replies

• What are you trying to test?

For starters you can try to telnet to port 443 on the external Edge Access IP and verify the service is 'listening', and alternatively telnet from the Edge box to the Front-End server over 5061

to do the same.

Also if you haven't yet deployed DNS records externally you can use the Manual configuration to point an external OC client to the Edge server to test logon.  Use the format serverfqdnStick out tongueort (e.g. sip.domainname.com:443).

Monday, August 11, 2008 2:48 PM
  • Hi Jeff Schert

I am able to do the telnet from Edge server to Frontend server and front end server to Edge server. The 443 port on edge and 5061 port on front end server are open.

But I didn't get this point . Can you explain bit elaborate on this : Also if you haven't yet deployed DNS records externally you can use the Manual configuration to point an external OC client to the Edge server to test logon.  Use the format serverfqdnort (e.g. sip.domainname.com:443).

I really appriciate your help.

Thanks,
    Suresh.

Monday, August 11, 2008 3:08 PM
  • Do you have the OC client installed on an external computer that you can test from?  Do you have any DNS SRV or A records deployed in the external DNS server?

Monday, August 11, 2008 3:48 PM
  • Hi,

I have deployed another domain  in a lan and named as lcind.com. I have installed OC client(office communicator and live meetings)softwares on one of the machine. Now I want to do the client testing from lcind.com domain users. Please suggest me the required steps.

Thanks,
    Suresh.
    Tuesday, August 12, 2008 7:37 AM