Can't Import Microsoft Money to Quicken RRS feed

• Question

• When trying to import my Microsoft Money files to Quicken it asks for my Windows Live ID password.  No matter what password I use it keeps saying Password Incorrect.  When I try to remove Windows Live ID  under password manager, it says Not Removed, Try Again.  If I open a new file, it will allow me to open it without a password.  But I can't get rid of Windows Live ID password in the file I need to import to Quicken.  I downloaded the Money Sunset and that didn't help.  Have same problem.  Also, the password that lets me enter this file can't be changed.  I tried under forgot password and it takes me online.  I change it but that password doesn't work.  Have to continue to use old password.  I have Windows Vista.  How can I get rid of the Windows Live ID at the sign in?  Or would there be some way to open a new file without any password and transfer the old file here?  Please can someone help me.  I have years and years of data in this file and as of January 2011 my bank will not support Money.  Thanks so much to anyone who can help me.

Thursday, December 9, 2010 6:05 AM

All replies

• Disconnect from the Internet. Open Money, signing in to your Money file offline. Remove the LiveID. Close Money. Reconnect to the Internet.

Test.

Convert to Quicken and/or use PocketSense scripts to assist continued use of Microsoft Money.

Thursday, December 9, 2010 4:50 PM