Windows 10 upgrade and printing RRS feed

• Question

• Having an nightmare. I am the manager in a very busy beauty salon. We make our own products and labels for them. Up until now I have had no problems with labelling but after we got a new PC with windows 10 already installed; when I try to print labels, it is exceptionally difficult. They print off the label although everything will appear normal on screen.  Colours are also printing completely different. Our logo has come out a totally different colour.  They all work just fine on my laptop which is still on windows 8 and on the managing directors apple mac. This tells me it is a windows 10 problem.    The printer is a brand new Samsung wireless. The connection is fine as I have checked.  It works brilliantly with other devices and printing normal documents, apart from the colour differences.  I have put the Samsung hardware disc in to see if there is a version for windows 10 but I don't even know what I am looking at. Has anyone had this problem?

Friday, June 3, 2016 10:34 AM

All replies

• Hi mindy_vella,

>>” It works brilliantly with other devices and printing normal documents, apart from the colour differences.  I have put the Samsung hardware disc in to see if there is a version for windows 10 but I don't even know what I am looking at. Has anyone had this problem?”

According to your issue description, I guess your problem is related to the Printer. It would be better if you consult with the technical support to make sure whether the driver is fit with Win 10.

Now, I would move this thread to "off topic". If you have any issues about developing with Visual FoxPro 9.0, you are welcome to post them here.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Albert Zhang

Monday, June 6, 2016 1:40 AM
  • I'd try them over here.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware?

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, June 6, 2016 2:52 AM
  • Having an nightmare. I am the manager in a very busy beauty salon. We make our own products and labels for them. Up until now I have had no problems with labelling but after we got a new PC with windows 10 already installed; when I try to print labels, it is exceptionally difficult. They print off the label although everything will appear normal on screen.  Colours are also printing completely different. Our logo has come out a totally different colour.  They all work just fine on my laptop which is still on windows 8 and on the managing directors apple mac. This tells me it is a windows 10 problem.    The printer is a brand new Samsung wireless. The connection is fine as I have checked.  It works brilliantly with other devices and printing normal documents, apart from the colour differences.  I have put the Samsung hardware disc in to see if there is a version for windows 10 but I don't even know what I am looking at. Has anyone had this problem?

Samsung makes a variety of printers (27 listed), many are probably wireless. You should check the particular printers manual to see if it is supported by Win10. Also you should go to Samsungs website for printers, look up your particular printer and see if it is supported on Win10 or if you need to load Win10 with updated drivers for that printer if they do not come standard with the disc you have for the printer.

Below link is for Samsung download center. If you don't know systems well enough to understand what may need to be performed then you may need to get local help rather than attempting to do something yourself which may cause more issues.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads

La vida loca

Monday, June 6, 2016 3:02 AM