Problem with modal popup and Outlook client RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have replaced the lookup-feture of a CRM lookup field so that it opens a custom lookup .aspx page that I have made. This is done by attaching an event to the lookup-field in the form_onload event in crm, and open the custom lookup as a modalwindow.
    First I had the problem that any postback in the custom aspx opened a new window. This was fixed by adding basetager=_self in the aspx header. But... If the user has the crm client for outlook installed, this only works if Outlook is closed. If outlook is open when activating the lookup, it still do postbacks in a new window... I'm sure some of the smart people in this forum has seen this behaviour, and have a solution for it :)

Best Regards Jens Egil Evensen
    Friday, October 2, 2009 10:44 AM

Answers

• Finally I solved this.
    I included a header in the custom .aspx that made it use the CRM stylesheet. It seems that this stylesheet somehow detects if Outlook is running, and the alters the behaviour of modal popus in IE.. I removed the stylesheet, and everything worked as expected.
    Monday, October 19, 2009 1:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,

maybe a caching issue? It could be possible that the outlook client uses a different cached version than you webclient.
    Friday, October 2, 2009 11:02 AM
  • That was my thought as well, but the problem is that even if I enter trough the web-client, as long as Outlook is open.
    It's as if the Outlook client takes control of all the IE-caching, and outlook does not have a "remove temporary internet files"-function..
    Friday, October 2, 2009 11:06 AM
  • It's just a guess, but it could be the same problem as here http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/de-DE/crm/thread/66e4cd10-7a11-4350-807d-ec1fbd216ca2

I think you could try to clear the cache of the outlook client with the Diagnostic Wizard. On the main window, select Support Mode, got to the second tab. There is a section like 'Delete temporary files...' (I don't have an english client for reference). Select 'Delete'.

Friday, October 2, 2009 11:16 AM
  • I tried this ckeller. It did not solve the problem.
    I think it might be something with how the IE'control in outlook interfers with internet explorer or something... I just don't know how to solve it

Tuesday, October 6, 2009 7:39 PM
  • Finally I solved this.
    I included a header in the custom .aspx that made it use the CRM stylesheet. It seems that this stylesheet somehow detects if Outlook is running, and the alters the behaviour of modal popus in IE.. I removed the stylesheet, and everything worked as expected.
    Monday, October 19, 2009 1:08 PM