Cisco or Microsoft RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I recently got my CCNA and am very good at it. I went looking for job, everywhere I had applied to ask about server configuration, active directory or group policy...Microsoft to be precise...even is the job title is CCNA.

I have decided to take some Microsoft exams, but don't actually know where to begin that will tally with my CCNA.

or should I continue with my CCNP...?

Thursday, May 19, 2011 3:14 PM

Answers

• Continue on CCNP is an excellent choice.  However, most IT shops today need and require someone with knowledge and experirence in more than 1 networking technologies.  With Microsoft, you can obtain various levels of certifications depending on what your goal is: email admin, network admin, network design, etc.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/default.aspx

-Hieu
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Wednesday, June 8, 2011 6:23 AM
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 4:57 PM
  • hi,

yes continue with CCNP. and also you can get certified on other MS products.

regards,

Mumin CICEK | www.cozumpark.com | Please click Vote As Helpful if it is helpful for you and Propose as Answer!!!
    Friday, May 20, 2011 11:15 PM
  • In the longer term, if you can be both broad and deep -- certified and truly knowledgeable in multiple vendors/platforms/products -- you will maximize your earning potential and employability, as well as most likely your job satisfaction as you tackle more and more complex and interesting problems. So, both! I would love to have a CCNA myself.
    Microsoft Community Contributor MCTS: .NET 4.0 Service Communication Applications
    Monday, May 23, 2011 3:13 AM

All replies

• Continue on CCNP is an excellent choice.  However, most IT shops today need and require someone with knowledge and experirence in more than 1 networking technologies.  With Microsoft, you can obtain various levels of certifications depending on what your goal is: email admin, network admin, network design, etc.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/default.aspx

-Hieu
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 4:57 PM
  • hi,

yes continue with CCNP. and also you can get certified on other MS products.

regards,

Mumin CICEK | www.cozumpark.com | Please click Vote As Helpful if it is helpful for you and Propose as Answer!!!
    Friday, May 20, 2011 11:15 PM
  • In the longer term, if you can be both broad and deep -- certified and truly knowledgeable in multiple vendors/platforms/products -- you will maximize your earning potential and employability, as well as most likely your job satisfaction as you tackle more and more complex and interesting problems. So, both! I would love to have a CCNA myself.
    Microsoft Community Contributor MCTS: .NET 4.0 Service Communication Applications
    Monday, May 23, 2011 3:13 AM