Integrate Visual Studio 2008 with MS HTML Help Workshop RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a general project for my HTML Help Workshop files so that I can include them in my Visual C# solution, and I created a Custom Build Rule to call the hhc compiler.  It all seems to work well including the generation of my chm, but for some reason, Visual Studio reports:

error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Compresed HTML Help Rule."

I attempted to do this as a Post-Build step instead and received the same result.  Is there a way to tell VS 2008 to ignore the error or deal with it properly?

• Moved by Edwer Fang Thursday, April 29, 2010 7:25 AM (From:Visual Studio Setup and Installation)
    Thursday, April 22, 2010 2:39 PM

Answers

• Hi Jack,

Thank you for your post.

Some clarification with you:

I have created a general project for my HTML Help Workshop files so that I can include them in my Visual C# solution, and I created a Custom Build Rule to call the hhc compiler.

What kind of "general project" did you create? C++ project or others? Could you please provide me more information on your concern so that I can try to provide you more help here?

This forum is for the support of Visual Studio Installation. If your concern is related to programming or deployment, I think that the better consulting place should the following forums.
    For VB.NET -  Visual Basic General forum
    For C# - Visual C# General forum
    For C++ - Visual C++ General forum
    For more forums, see: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/categories/

I hope that this can help you. :)

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Edited by YiChun Chen Monday, April 26, 2010 11:00 AM typo
    • Marked as answer by Edwer Fang Thursday, April 29, 2010 7:24 AM
    Monday, April 26, 2010 10:58 AM