CRM2013 Quick View form or lockable section for a group of readonly fields RRS feed

• Question

• I need to set a whole section of controls readonly, as they are only editable as part of a dialog process accessed by certain roles via a commandbar button. Unfortunately padlocks on all the fields in a section looks ugly - I was wondering if it was possible to set a whole section readonly or use the quickview form from the same entity but this doesn't seem possible. Constructing a custom readonly html webresource does seem a bit painful... is this the only way?

Thanks

Wednesday, January 1, 2014 7:57 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The supported way of doing this would be to disable the fields such that they get padlocks.  There isn't any other way of disabling fields on the form such that they don't get the padlocks.

Creating a web resource would also be a supported way - but you would have to ask the question to your stakeholders "is it worth $x to remove the padlocks". It might be that they would rather have padlocks than the expense of developing and supporting a custom web resource? 

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, January 2, 2014 10:37 AM
    Answerer
  • try

Hiding Section
    Xrm.Page.ui.tabs.get(tabIndex).sections.get(sectionIndex).setVisible(false);
    or
    Xrm.Page.ui.tabs.get(tabIndex).sections.get("sectionName").setVisible(false);

Showing Section
    Xrm.Page.ui.tabs.get(tabIndex).sections.get(sectionIndex).setVisible(true);
    or
    Xrm.Page.ui.tabs.get(tabIndex).sections.get("sectionName").setVisible(true);

Regards Faisal

Thursday, January 2, 2014 10:49 AM
  • @Faisal, hiding is not the requirement. @Scott, a whole section of padlocks looks ugly whereas a quickview form has only one and would look a lot nicer, maybe one for MS Connect...
    Saturday, January 4, 2014 4:32 PM