fire wall bolcks webcam RRS feed

• Question

• how do i get the onecare to alow streaming images?
    Monday, July 21, 2008 4:52 AM

Answers

• It could be easy or it could be complicated. SInce you haven't provided much information to go on, the first thing I'd suggest is opening OneCare, clicking on Change Settings and then going to Advanced on the firewall tab.

At the bottom of the list for Ports and protocols are 3 settings that apply for media extenders, xbox, and streaming media. Try checking them all and see if it resolves the problem.

If not, turn off the firewall to confirm that is is OneCare's firewall that is preventing it. If so, then contact the maker of the webcam or webcam software to find out what needs to be allowed in the OneCare firewall on the Programs tab and/or any special ports or protocols that might need to be allowed. You can also contact support, if desired.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, July 21, 2008 3:26 PM

All replies

• It could be easy or it could be complicated. SInce you haven't provided much information to go on, the first thing I'd suggest is opening OneCare, clicking on Change Settings and then going to Advanced on the firewall tab.

At the bottom of the list for Ports and protocols are 3 settings that apply for media extenders, xbox, and streaming media. Try checking them all and see if it resolves the problem.

If not, turn off the firewall to confirm that is is OneCare's firewall that is preventing it. If so, then contact the maker of the webcam or webcam software to find out what needs to be allowed in the OneCare firewall on the Programs tab and/or any special ports or protocols that might need to be allowed. You can also contact support, if desired.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, July 21, 2008 3:26 PM
  • sorrry about the lack of info.when i try to use the webcam it only shows black. when i open the onecare and go to the advance place it said that it had suspened the live feed meda. it would not let me change it there so i whent to the opption on that page but it asked for the protocols and i do not have a clue what it whated. thanks sherry
    Monday, July 21, 2008 4:56 PM
  • "suspended live feed media?" Where are you seeing this?

-steve

Monday, July 21, 2008 5:50 PM
  •      the configure fire page is where it says that streaming video was suppened.                                                               change settings,configure firewall, advance settings, ports and protocols , add streaming video and sound. It would not add it.what do i do now?
    Tuesday, July 22, 2008 2:45 AM
  • Back to my initial reply, I think contacting support is the way to go:

-steve

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 12:42 PM