Further guidelines required RRS feed

• Question

• Thankx a lot for your previous answers.

Further, I would like to have the following things clarified,
    1. As I do not have prior experience, what type of certifications should I opt for, simply browsing through the web site , I came to believe that the MCTS certifications would be the one for me, coz the MCPD cert. require professional level expertise and some business acumen, which may be difficult to acquire within one year or so.
    2. If what I believe is correct, what type of technology should I opt for within the MCTS series, i.e. can you suggest me some certification programme which you think would be best for me.
    3. How should I start the preparation and enrolment process,what hsould be the first steps?
    4. Please give me some links which would be helpful to resolve above issues, your advice is still equally welcome.
    Sunday, June 29, 2008 1:51 PM

Answers

• Xtravagant,

Please follow this link to my blog where I have created a complete series on current Microsoft developer certifications.  It is all explained in that series.

http://blogs.msdn.com/gerryo/archive/2008/02/19/microsoft-certifications-where-do-i-start-part-1of-2.aspx

Gerry
    Monday, June 30, 2008 10:01 PM
  • Xtravagant_ppk said:

Thankx a lot for your previous answers.

1. As I do not have prior experience, what type of certifications should I opt for, simply browsing through the web site , I came to believe that the MCTS certifications would be the one for me, coz the MCPD cert. require professional level expertise and some business acumen, which may be difficult to acquire within one year or so.
    2. If what I believe is correct, what type of technology should I opt for within the MCTS series, i.e. can you suggest me some certification programme which you think would be best for me.
    3. How should I start the preparation and enrolment process,what hsould be the first steps?
    4. Please give me some links which would be helpful to resolve above issues, your advice is still equally welcome.

Why are you certifying? 

No, Seriously.  What are you trying to do with certification?  Get a job?  Enhance your skills through certification study?

If you do not have previous experience, what type of background do you have in the area?  Do you have any classes or coursework in the area?

I think the best approach is going to be starting with trying to get you the experience and study resources that you can start working with and then going through MCTS on .NET 3.5 (choosing 3.5 because then you are learning and building your skills with the technology platform that will be "leading edge" when you are getting ready to enter the marketplace and examine certification in more depth).
    - Wayne S. Anderson MCITP, MCSE, MCT http://blog.avanadeadvisor.com/blogs/waynea
    Tuesday, July 1, 2008 3:04 AM

All replies

• Xtravagant,

Please follow this link to my blog where I have created a complete series on current Microsoft developer certifications.  It is all explained in that series.

http://blogs.msdn.com/gerryo/archive/2008/02/19/microsoft-certifications-where-do-i-start-part-1of-2.aspx

Gerry
    Monday, June 30, 2008 10:01 PM
  • Xtravagant_ppk said:

Thankx a lot for your previous answers.

Why are you certifying? 

No, Seriously.  What are you trying to do with certification?  Get a job?  Enhance your skills through certification study?

If you do not have previous experience, what type of background do you have in the area?  Do you have any classes or coursework in the area?

I think the best approach is going to be starting with trying to get you the experience and study resources that you can start working with and then going through MCTS on .NET 3.5 (choosing 3.5 because then you are learning and building your skills with the technology platform that will be "leading edge" when you are getting ready to enter the marketplace and examine certification in more depth).
    - Wayne S. Anderson MCITP, MCSE, MCT http://blog.avanadeadvisor.com/blogs/waynea
    Tuesday, July 1, 2008 3:04 AM