How to manage time spend on a work RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

We area actually working on a customer project track in CRm as follow :
    Frist we issue a quote to a customer and then create an Order based on that quote. In that wuote we have for instance specify a certain cost amount corresponding to estimate billing hours on the project.

Today our developer are entering manually their working hours wekkly inside an excel sheet for project their work on. That will give s the possibility to see the difference in real time spend on the project and what has been agreed.

That operation is quite rough and I would like to have more linked with CRM by doing this inside CRM.

My goal when an Order is created, is that I could have a Timer which when start, count the amout of time spend on the order. Then when stop it stop. Then at the end of the Order work we should be able to get the total time spend and compare it with quote amout.

We need to be able to start or stop that timer because, developer can be disturbed in an urgent matter in an other project or customer case.

We cannot implement this timer in Task because when you define a task you need to specify a du date and you never work on a Task at full time, your time can be share between  tasks.

Ideally I would see it in Order Form but then how can I handle this time spend counter ?

I have check the new Timer Control from CRm Online2013 SP1 but it is a contrl which only counts down instead of up.

Thnaks for your advise and help

regards

serge

Your knowledge is enhanced by that of others.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 2:33 PM

All replies

• I would look at ProRM's tools for project and time tracking in CRM: http://prorm.net/en/

They can offer what you're looking for and a whole lot more with their tools.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 2:58 PM