help RRS feed

• Question

• i recently download i tunes on my computer and when i try to open i tunes a message pop up and said program won't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from my computer. i reinstalled itunes and it still pop up. 
    • Moved by Baron Bi Thursday, May 11, 2017 3:06 AM not about development
    Sunday, May 7, 2017 7:07 AM

Answers

All replies

• Not a C++ issue. This type of questions is better answered in the  Answers forum ... or complain to the maker of iTunes .

-- pa

Sunday, May 7, 2017 8:40 AM
  • i recently download i tunes on my computer and when i try to open i tunes a message pop up and said program won't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from my computer. i reinstalled itunes and it still pop up. 

The Dll is a part of Redistributed package of VS. You need to install Visual C++ Redistributed on your machine . You can refer this link as well for download.

https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/the-program-cant-start-because-api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0dll-is-missing-f2702.html

Regards

Rupesh Shukla

Rupesh Shukla

• Edited by Pintu Shukla Sunday, May 7, 2017 12:42 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Baron Bi Monday, May 8, 2017 3:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Dave PatrickMVP Wednesday, May 24, 2017 3:05 AM
    Sunday, May 7, 2017 12:40 PM
  • Hi budtime,

thanks for posting here.

This forum is about c++ development. For your case, please follow Pavel's suggestion and post on Microsoft Community. I will move this case to off-topic.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Best Regards,
    Sera Yu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 11, 2017 3:05 AM
  • This one should sort it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2999226/update-for-universal-c-runtime-in-windows

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, May 11, 2017 3:20 AM