none
files disappear for no reason and end up in the recycle bin RRS feed

• Question

• I have used SyncToy 1.2 fine for 4 years with no problem, sychronising (the synchronise option) my docs on C to the company server  H.  A prescheduled sync last night deleted 4000 files from my docs on C.  The folders were kept.  The files in the top part of my docs (above my webs) were not effected.  The synced copies on H were fine.  The deleted files were in my recycle bin.  I was ablet to restore them.                 The sync log which normally shows 20-50 actions to perform showed 4062.  The timing of the deletions coincided exactly with SyncToy running.  One other curious factor was each word and excel icon was changed in the recycle bin to the icon for a HTML and PDF file.  This did not seem to effect the restore however.   SyncToy is now running fine again - although I switched to Contribite to ensure I do not lose any deleted files.   I could upgrade to 2.1 but would prefer to see if I can find out what caused this first. 

Wednesday, March 3, 2010 1:30 PM

All replies

• When this problem happened, did you have syncToy run completed, I mean through the syncing process, the syncing did not been terminate either by manually or by some application crash issue?

Thanks,
    Ping
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, March 12, 2010 9:36 AM