How to send an email with Global email templates through CRM SDK code (C#) ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Here i am trying to send an email by using Global email templates through CRM SDK code (C#) but it is giving me below error:

"Invalid entity name GLOBAL while retriving MetaDataCache".

Please find below code what i am using to send email, Here i am passing "Global" as regardingObjectType.

private void SendEmailFromTemplate(string regardingObjectType, Guid strTemplateId, Guid strRegardingId, Guid To, Guid From, IPluginExecutionContext context)

{

email email = null;

InstantiateTemplateRequest instTemplate = new InstantiateTemplateRequest();

Guid templateId = strTemplateId;

instTemplate.TemplateId = templateId;

Guid _contactId = strRegardingId;

instTemplate.ObjectId = _contactId;

instTemplate.ObjectType = regardingObjectType;

InstantiateTemplateResponse instTempResp =

(InstantiateTemplateResponse)CrmServiceFactory.DefaultInstance.GetCrmService().Execute(instTemplate);

}

Thank You in advance.

Thank You, - N -
    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 11:42 AM

Answers

All replies

• I have just tried with below two criteria but no luck, i am still getting error

If TemplateObjectType = ""
    Error: Platform (0x80040203) - Invalid format of input XML for request InstantiateTemplate: required field 'ObjectType' is missing.

If TemplateObjectType = "Global"
    Error: Platform (0x80041102) - The entity with a name = 'Global' was not found in the MetadataCache.

Thank You, - N -
    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 11:58 AM
  • If may seem odd, but I think that Global templates are associated with the systemuser entity, so try:

TemplateObjectType = "systemuser"

Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com  http://www.excitation.co.uk
    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 12:47 PM
  • Thank You David!!

Yeah you are right, i gave a try with "systemuser" and it was working.

Thank You, - N -
    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 1:18 PM