Resolve Case on Creation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I'm using CRM 4.0 Case's, many of the Cases that I log will be resolved during the initial contact.

In my experience you have to create the case and save it first. Then open it before it can be Resolved.

Is there a way to resolve a case on creation.

Thanks

Saturday, April 26, 2008 11:43 PM

Answers

• The case have to be saved first before it can be resolved.

Jim

Sunday, April 27, 2008 10:54 AM
  • 1. Create a custom boolean field (say "tobeclosed") in the Case entity, put it on the Case form and hide it (if you like) via JavaScript
    2. Create a toolbar button through isv.config (at least that's the easiest and fastest way) that triggers a JavaScript logic which
     first sets the tobeclosed value to true and then calls crmForm.Save()
    3. In your OnLoad code check for the tobeclosed value, and if it is true, set it to false and call resolve()
    Tuesday, April 29, 2008 4:31 PM

All replies

• The case have to be saved first before it can be resolved.

Jim

Sunday, April 27, 2008 10:54 AM
  • Dear,

CRM Architecture is to first save and then it will fire other events on this. If you want to do it you need very small custom development for this.

see ms crm sdk,

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Sunday, April 27, 2008 3:44 PM
  • Thanks Imran,

Where would I find documentation for the custom development you have suggested.

I have downloaded the SDK kit

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 10:27 AM
  • 1. Create a custom boolean field (say "tobeclosed") in the Case entity, put it on the Case form and hide it (if you like) via JavaScript
    2. Create a toolbar button through isv.config (at least that's the easiest and fastest way) that triggers a JavaScript logic which
     first sets the tobeclosed value to true and then calls crmForm.Save()
    3. In your OnLoad code check for the tobeclosed value, and if it is true, set it to false and call resolve()
    Tuesday, April 29, 2008 4:31 PM
  • Thanks GCATNM I'll give that a try.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 12:07 AM