none
Accessing a Shared folder using 1 click RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys, I am totally new to scripting and not sure what language to use and where to get started. If i can get any direction on this, it will be much appreciated.

I have Win 10 at work and I access this particular shared drive a lot at work. The shared drive address is very long and I want to just use by USB, plug it in, and double click on a batch file for it to automatically take me to that shared folder. I have to go to different PC's otherwise, I can just map it. If there is a way to map it, please let me know how I can do that.

Oh also, I have just started studying for MS Server 2016 70-740 exam and looks I will have to learn Power Shell or get familiar with it at some points. If you can share a good source for total beginners like me to start. I would appreciate that as well.

Thank you,

Noob

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Monday, March 12, 2018 9:26 PM Unanswerable drive-by question
    Tuesday, February 6, 2018 2:56 PM

All replies

• oh just to be clear, i have to go to different PC's to access this shared folder, because I back up information after a user leaves a company...so that's why I can't just map it and not worry about it, just in case anyone is confused. lol...thx
    Tuesday, February 6, 2018 2:57 PM
  • We don't just write scripts on demand. What have you tried so far and what specific errors are you getting?

A good place to start would be HERE

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 4:16 PM
  • This issue is not a scripting issue it is a basic "how to use Windows" issue.

Post in the Windows General forum for help on accessing shared resources.  All shares can be accessed via a UNC path.

\_(ツ)_/

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 6:37 PM