Deleting a Record RRS feed

• Question

• CRM 2013. I have a custom entity, with a two option field ( delete record) and a date field for the date the record is deleted. A workflow is fired if a user sets delete record to yes, which sets the date in the deleted date field and make the record inactive. I now need to be able to have a workflow / task running each night that will physically delete the records where the delete record date is 3 months previous.

Dont ask me .. i dont know

Monday, July 28, 2014 5:55 PM

Answers

• Workflows don't work that way.  So you will need to have a batch process that then calls a workflow that deletes based on your rules, but the rules should be in the batch process, and the delete in the workflow.

Otherwise, you will bog down the system with workflows running for months at a time, which is not a desirable option.  Note, if this is a rare occurrence, then long-running workflows might only add a negligible impact to the system.  That's something you will have to decide for yourself.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Marked as answer by Pete Newman Thursday, August 28, 2014 5:15 PM
    Monday, July 28, 2014 6:25 PM