Removing usage rights of an administrator RRS feed

• Question

•  I recentlty installed Live Mesh on the family desktop, there are only two of us. My other family member has this Groove thing going on and doesn't want to use it under his account. Is there someway other than uninstalling and reinstalling it for only myself instead of everyone who uses this machine to stop it from running under his user name?

I have a feeling I know what the answer is already, but, I would like to throw it out there and ask.

Changing the security setting through the program properties did nothing.
    Sunday, June 22, 2008 7:05 PM

Answers

• Hi cahomsyjr,

As Stephen says, the Live Mesh software installs under individual Windows User Accounts, so your copy of Live Mesh should be separate from his, if you two have different Windows User Accounts.  The Live Mesh Remote Desktop Enhancements do get installed system-wide, though (Live Mesh Remote Desktop runs as a service).  Could you perhaps provide a little more detail about your current Windows/Live Mesh set up?  I think I may be misunderstanding your question.

Thanks,

Ben.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 5:04 PM

All replies

• I thought I just read in another thread that Live Mesh installs on a per user basis... I haven't installed in a while, so I don't recall if the install included the option for "just me" or "everyone."
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, June 25, 2008 3:21 PM
  • Hi cahomsyjr,

As Stephen says, the Live Mesh software installs under individual Windows User Accounts, so your copy of Live Mesh should be separate from his, if you two have different Windows User Accounts.  The Live Mesh Remote Desktop Enhancements do get installed system-wide, though (Live Mesh Remote Desktop runs as a service).  Could you perhaps provide a little more detail about your current Windows/Live Mesh set up?  I think I may be misunderstanding your question.

Thanks,

Ben.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 5:04 PM