Trial period is ending, I installed my OEM version... RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All.

I came up on the end of my trial period, installed my OEM software on the server machine, went through all of the re-setup of my eight other computers on my network and now I am wondering if I should add the power pack 3 to my system?  I am able to see all of my stored pictures, videos, music and all of the computer backups that were on the server before I performed the OEM install.  I did the activation and registration online when I was asked if I wanted to do that also. What might I be missing if I don't add the power pack 3 is my main question.

Thanks to this forum for all the helpful information I have gathered, it has made me feel capable of doing this setup as I am NOT a computer guy but I am a pretty good wrench turner.

Thanks again,

gryphin11
    Friday, February 26, 2010 6:52 PM

Answers

• Hello All.

I came up on the end of my trial period, installed my OEM software on the server machine, went through all of the re-setup of my eight other computers on my network and now I am wondering if I should add the power pack 3 to my system?  I am able to see all of my stored pictures, videos, music and all of the computer backups that were on the server before I performed the OEM install.  I did the activation and registration online when I was asked if I wanted to do that also. What might I be missing if I don't add the power pack 3 is my main question.

There's no reason not to.  :)  Why wouldn't you want to install the latest Power Pack?

It includes support for Win7 clients, plus new enhancements for Media Center PCs (archiving/compressing Recorded TV automatically, for example).

Thanks to this forum for all the helpful information I have gathered, it has made me feel capable of doing this setup as I am NOT a computer guy but I am a pretty good wrench turner.

Thanks again,

gryphin11
    Friday, February 26, 2010 8:21 PM
  • And of course, it also includes some bugfixes and other not mentioned improvements.
    So yes, installing Power Pack is not only recommended, but almost mandatory (future WHS patches will usually require, that PP3 is installed as well).
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Friday, February 26, 2010 9:44 PM

All replies

• Hello All.

There's no reason not to.  :)  Why wouldn't you want to install the latest Power Pack?

It includes support for Win7 clients, plus new enhancements for Media Center PCs (archiving/compressing Recorded TV automatically, for example).

Thanks again,

gryphin11
    Friday, February 26, 2010 8:21 PM
  • And of course, it also includes some bugfixes and other not mentioned improvements.
    So yes, installing Power Pack is not only recommended, but almost mandatory (future WHS patches will usually require, that PP3 is installed as well).
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Friday, February 26, 2010 9:44 PM
  • Hi again,

I did install the power pack 3, and it did update the OS information on the Windows 7 computers I have on the system without me doing anything.  I am sure other goodies will soon become obvious as well.

Thanks again for all the help,

gryphin11
    Friday, February 26, 2010 11:35 PM