none
Not Working

Question

• When I am trying to reply for the answer someone gave, The REPLY button is not clickable ,not working
    Tuesday, February 9, 2016 5:54 PM

Answers

• AFAIK locked threads shouldn't even show the reply link in the first place.

Good point, it could be a browser problem or possibly scripting disabled.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 7:04 PM
  • I think I experience a similar problem sometimes. Say, in a new thread I am composing a reply, then trying to click on Reply button and it's not doing anything. I can try a few times with the same pattern - no errors, just nothing. When this situation happens, I figure it's because someone else is also trying to reply to that new thread. In such situations I have to copy my reply to a clipboard, go back to forum's view, open the thread again and re-try posting my reply.

Also similar situation may occur when I'm replying to a thread and the OP already deleted it.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Thursday, February 11, 2016 5:33 PM

All replies

• Can you reply to this?

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 5:56 PM
  • What forum? It may have been abandoned / locked.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 5:57 PM
  • What forum? It may have been abandoned / locked.

AFAIK locked threads shouldn't even show the reply link in the first place.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 6:45 PM
  • AFAIK locked threads shouldn't even show the reply link in the first place.

Good point, it could be a browser problem or possibly scripting disabled.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 7:04 PM
  • When I am trying to reply for the answer someone gave, The REPLY button is not clickable ,not working

Me too.  Usually that happens when I am trying to reply to a preview thread in a message list.  Then I have to clone the thread in its own tab, Copy and Paste my composition and then resubmit.  Often it is also essential to refresh the new tab with Ctrl-F5.  So often in fact, that I try to make it a rule to do that even though it seems ridiculous.  After that the broken Submit leaves the rest of the message list not available for reply, so I just clone any thread I want to reply to into its own tab and reply there.  If I go on the next page of the message list it is then usually back to normal.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, February 11, 2016 2:35 AM
  • Me too.  Usually that happens when I am trying to reply to a preview thread in a message list.  ---

Robert, is this where the reply message box opens with no toolbar? I do get that once in a blue moon. Now, I know as soon as I see the no-toolbar I have to do just as you said and open in a new window to complete the reply. BTW, I almost always am replying via preview thread in list view.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Thursday, February 11, 2016 3:38 AM
  • Robert, is this where the reply message box opens with no toolbar?

No.  It's where I am in a message list thread preview, have composed a reply and clicked Submit.  Then... nothing.  It doesn't happen often enough for me to get into the habit again of having tracing ready.  However, it did happen in my Win10ITPro forums the first post after this one.  In fact, I realized then that that case isn't just a message list from one forum; it's a composite message list from all the forums in that group.  So maybe I should try to get into the habit of tracing that case again.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, February 11, 2016 1:59 PM
  • Ok, I also generally post from composite type lists as well but don't think this has happened to me as yet.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Thursday, February 11, 2016 2:17 PM
  • I see you're replying to your thread again now, are you still having intermittent issues or has this cleared up entirely?

Thursday, February 11, 2016 4:55 PM
  • I think I experience a similar problem sometimes. Say, in a new thread I am composing a reply, then trying to click on Reply button and it's not doing anything. I can try a few times with the same pattern - no errors, just nothing. When this situation happens, I figure it's because someone else is also trying to reply to that new thread. In such situations I have to copy my reply to a clipboard, go back to forum's view, open the thread again and re-try posting my reply.

Also similar situation may occur when I'm replying to a thread and the OP already deleted it.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Thursday, February 11, 2016 5:33 PM